Recently, we took advantage of the opportunity to tour the new Draper Temple. It was a wonderful experience for our family. The kids were very excited to go INSIDE of a temple and see the different rooms. They all expressed how beautiful it was, and how there was such a special, peaceful feeling inside. They were in agreement that the mural artwork in one of the ordinance rooms reminded them of the beautiful fall scenery at Grandpa's Cabin! The girls were all very impressed with Bride's Dressing area!! I especially enjoyed standing in the Celestial Room and looking at each of their faces taking in the beauty of it! It made me get a little teary eyed, thinking it could be awhile before we would have that opportunity to be there together again as endowed members, and especially hopeful that that wish will eventually come to pass. I am grateful the church gives us this chance to help teach our children the importance of temple work. I am even more grateful for my testimony of the importance of the temple, and the blessings it brings into my life! I love my family and know we can be together forever.
Monday, March 9, 2009
Draper Utah Temple Open House
Recently, we took advantage of the opportunity to tour the new Draper Temple. It was a wonderful experience for our family. The kids were very excited to go INSIDE of a temple and see the different rooms. They all expressed how beautiful it was, and how there was such a special, peaceful feeling inside. They were in agreement that the mural artwork in one of the ordinance rooms reminded them of the beautiful fall scenery at Grandpa's Cabin! The girls were all very impressed with Bride's Dressing area!! I especially enjoyed standing in the Celestial Room and looking at each of their faces taking in the beauty of it! It made me get a little teary eyed, thinking it could be awhile before we would have that opportunity to be there together again as endowed members, and especially hopeful that that wish will eventually come to pass. I am grateful the church gives us this chance to help teach our children the importance of temple work. I am even more grateful for my testimony of the importance of the temple, and the blessings it brings into my life! I love my family and know we can be together forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
We had an enjoyable experience at the open house as well. We were lucky and went on a weekday when there were no lines. I heard it gets pretty bad at nights and on weekends. Hopefully, you avoided the crowds, too.
On another note, this picture makes me wonder if Kaycee is now the tallest female in the family. I know Shelley is standing down, but...
I thought Kaycee looked tall, too.
What a priceless photo! We went when it was frigid outside and sleeting.. so, no outside shots! :(
I had to click on the picture to see who the tall one was in the middle! Great picture, what a blessing to have so many choices of temples to attend so close to home.
What a beautiful family!!! Thanks for sharing.
Yes, Kaycee! STOP growing!! It is a sweet temple. We loved it, too.
That is a great photo. Those are fun and special times. I can't believe how "big and grownup" your children look. Sorry, I know that is not something that moms like to hear....but fun times are coming with their growth. You all look great!!!
Post a Comment