Thursday, February 25, 2010

3 Cheers for SHHS Basketball...Back to Back Region Champs!!

Well, it has been that time of year again...when our family becomes official "GYM RATS" cheering on the Salem Hills High School Basketball Team!

Jug took on a 2nd year of coaching the sophomores.

He claims it is to get free entertainment from his partner Phil...it must be, because I KNOW it's not for the money!!
Last night the gym was packed for the season's final game where the varsity was battling for the Region Championship against their rival Payson!


I just love this school and the support of their studentbody!! I have never seen anything like it!! You have to be there to really understand...but they LOVE their Basketball Team!


Of course the game had to come down to the wire,
but Salem came out victorious by 2!


Can you sense the EXCITEMENT??!!!

It was a good night to be a Skyhawk Fan!!

Congratulations to the coaches and team for a job well done!!

SHHS is #1

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah Skyhawks!!! I use to think Payson had a great crowd, but I think we definately do now!! And thank you for sitting next to me and putting up with my yelling!!

Heather said...

That was very fun. We are SO EXCITED and feel so happy to be a part of it with all of you and with Nick. It's awesome. The dedicated coaches are wonderful and those cute players are too. Great job!!!

Neil J said...

Thanks for sharing the victory. Great photos of a great game.
GM Flinders

deerhollow said...

Really fun post! Loved the photos. How fun - love school spirit! Looks like it could have been a movie!

Anonymous said...

Great Posts! I also like your family picture at the heading of your blog. You have cute family and do so many fun things together. Thanks for sharing.

cathi6 said...

Thanks Coach Jug...you ROCK!!! You're right, you have to be there to feel it, what a great feeling, and a bunch of really classy kids. What an honor for all of them, something everyone should experience!!!!! Cute pics Shelley!!!!

Emily said...

Man I wish I were a SKYHAWK!!!