Sunday, June 23, 2013

A Trip to the MidWest: Nauvoo


Sometimes the best memories in life come so unexpected and unplanned!
Our family trip to the Midwest this summer was just that!
We knew Coleman's baseball team would be playing a tournament in Omaha Nebraska during June, but we hadn't planned on everyone going and extending the trip to include Nauvoo and Carthage.
Lucky for us...plans changed!!

After a long, and very eventful ride...our family finally made it to NAUVOO!!
We definitely felt like modern pioneers...having our own (car) trials along the way...but it just made us appreciate even more, the blessings we have living with the conveniences of today!
Our (short) time in Nauvoo was wonderful!
It truly felt like a day of heaven on earth!!
Everyone enjoyed the beautiful spirit that is there.


The burial grounds is one of the most sacred places I have ever been.  I felt so blessed to be there with my family!





I am pretty sure Carthage went down as the highlight for each or our children.  I am grateful they were able to see first hand where our Prophet had been.  I hope this strengthened their testimony of the good man that he was...and the important role he played in their lives.












So grateful for the memories we made here!

No comments: