Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

This time of year is always emotional for me! There is so much going on chasing the kids to their various activities, closing out the school year, getting the yard put back together after winter, celebrating our 3 spring birthdays etc. that by the time Mother's Day arrives I am usually an exhausted mess!! But when it comes right down to it and I read those sweet little handwritten mother's day cards and watch their faces when I open their hand-made school gifts I can't help but get a lump in my throat and realize how very lucky I am to have this opportunity called Motherhood!
This year I was lucky to celebrate with my Mom and share the day with Cole on his 10th birthday! It was a perfect Sunday afternoon with all the people I love the most. Thank you Mom for all that you have done and continue to do for me. I feel like I have the perfect example of what a Mother should be in you! I feel so blessed to have the family I do...and I love you all!!


6 comments:

Shelly Beth said...

Looks like you had such a great Mother's Day! Your family pic looks great - everyone is looking so grown up! Tell Coleman and Abbie that I said happy birthday, both a little late! I love seeing all those baby and toddler pics through the years - it really shows their personalities! Hope the end of the school year is finding you all well!

deerhollow said...

Fun blog! Everyone looks great. Being a mom is really the best, isn't it!?
That pink lemonade looks very refreshing to me!

Heather said...

Great picture. You are a wonderful mother.....I appreciate your example in so many ways. I love motherhood....it's gotta be the best job in the whole world.

Emily said...

Happy Mother's Day! You and your mom are really two of the best mother's that I know. Thanks for all that you do for our family!!

Neil J said...

Thanks for the wonderful mother's day meal you fixed at our house. I was very yummy. You are a devoted wife and mother and we are proud of you.
Love, Dad and Mom

Becky said...

What a very fun day! I need to pay your parents a visit I just love them. You are a great mom and I love ya sa much!